Friends of Sparsh connects within the community for the community. It works year round highlighting needs for donations and services to help underprivileged families and children. Often these families are living in shelters and are in transition to permanent housing. Many essential items like food, clothing, kitchen essentials and household furniture are required to help them get started with their daily life. Friends of Sparsh manages the donation of money and items from communities to provide these families with the very basic essentials.
Some of the donations and events managed by Friends of Sparsh are highlighted below:
- Ongoing Sunday dinners that feeds about 30-35 shelter residents. Food is provided from local grocery stores, restaurants, volunteers and friends and families. The community comes together to volunteer and provide service at this event.
- Due to the Covid epidemic we have tripled our daily volunteer and food supply efforts so we can provide to the underprivileged of the community. Due to this in the last 7 month we were able to arrange and provide full meal dinners mostly every day. Friends of Sparsh has provided about 145,000 meals to our homeless community since November 2019. We are now serving dinners to up to 3 shelters.
- Via the food pantry and other donations we have presently stocked and distributed about 80,000 pounds of food for the homeless community.
- This month we were able to collect about 200 tents, blankets and sleeping bags to give it to our homeless community. We also provided them with firewood so they can keep warm in cold nights.
- Charity holiday gift giving event for children with games, food and activities.
- Canned food drive collection for the benefit of food pantry for the local shelters.
- Many times a homeless family is moved from shelter to permanent housing. We help these families with transportation to their new homes and also arrange to provide furniture, kitchen appliances and clothing as per the needs of the family.
- Monetary donations are accepted all year round to provide for essential items for underprivileged families.