“SPARSH” means a kind touch.
“I always wanted a daughter who I hoped to name Sparsh. The name and meaning of “Sparsh” is very close to my heart. I decided to name my non-profit “Friends of Sparsh” because no other name could have shown my commitment towards it.” Prakash Saraf.
Mr. Saraf and his son Neev founded Friends of Sparsh in 2018. They have been involved with volunteering and helping the homeless community for the past several years. The purpose of this community-based organization is to enhance the quality of their life, by providing basic essentials needed to establish them back into the community with respect and dignity.
Mr. Saraf and his son have been recognized with many awards:
- 2019 Mayor Office Award for Outstanding Community Service.
- 2018 Cecil B. Day Community Service Award
- 2018 Daily Point of Light award was awarded to Neev
- 2017 Baltimore Community Service Award
- 2016 Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) awarded Neev Saraf, with Youth Philanthropy Award.