08 Nov Highlights of October 2022
As winter months are approaching, we have increased our continued efforts to volunteer and provide for our homeless community with the help of about 350 volunteer families.
1. We were able to arrange and provide full meal dinners every day to the shelter and occasionally even two shelters.
2. Via the food pantry and other donations, we accomplished a major milestone of stocking and distributing about 239,000 pounds of food to the community.
3. Till now in 2022, we have been able to distribute about 194 sleeping bags, and tents and refill 75 propane tanks for the homeless living on the streets.
4. Friends of Sparsh has provided about 499,500 meals including meals given through our pantry and other shelters.
5. We have started a new program where people come and cook breakfast at the shelter with help of family and friends.
6. We helped about 20 families move out from shelters with basic needs like mattresses, TV, furniture, and other household needs.
7. Every month we have been providing supplies to shelters.
While Friends of Sparsh is proud of their accomplishment, we couldn’t do it without the engagement from our volunteers and the ever-generous help and support provided to our mission for the community.