05 Mar Highlights of February 2022
We have had an incredible month of February 2022 at Friends of Sparsh
The Covid 19 epidemic didn’t stop us from our continued efforts to volunteer and provide for our homeless community.
1. We were able to arrange and provide full meal dinners for every single day to the shelter and some days even two shelters.
2. Via the food pantry and other donations we accomplished a major milestone of stocking and distributing about 164,000 pounds of food to the community,
3. We were able to give about 74 sleeping bags, tents and refill 64 propane tanks for the homeless living in the streets in the month of February.
4. We were able to distribute 160 used jackets to three different shelters and our partners.
5. To date we have provided about 380,000 meals including meals given through our pantry.
6. After two years this was the first time we were able to do a Valentine’s Day dance in partnership with Project PLASE for the shelter residents.
While Friends of Sparsh is proud of their accomplishment, we couldn’t do it without the engagement from our volunteers and the ever-generous help and support provided to our mission for the community.
Friends of Sparsh is a tax-deductible non-profit charity organization, Section 501(c) (3).serving the homeless in your community.