Friends of Sparsh was founded by Mr. Prakash Saraf and Neev Saraf in November 2018. Prakash and his son Neev have been involved with volunteering and helping the homeless community for past several years.
The purpose of this community based organization is to help provide many less fortunate families with food, clothing and daily household essentials as they transition from shelter to a living arrangement.
In every community we see families struggling to live a basic, content and dignified life. Many resources and support are also available within communities that can be utilized to provide for less fortunate families if these are channeled appropriately. We, at Friends of Sparsh envision a future where everyone has the basic essentials to live a comfortable life.
We believe in bringing about a social change to the less fortunate communities by uplifting and enhancing their quality of life. We connect communities and organizations that share our passion and are willing to engage and uplift lives of less fortunate families, thereby providing them with the basic necessities, with service, kindness and compassion.
What we do:
Friends of Sparsh connects within the community for the community. It works year round highlighting needs for donations and services to help underprivileged families and children. Often these families are living in shelters and are in transition to permanent housing. Many essential items like food, clothing, kitchen essentials and household furniture are required to help them get started with their daily lives. Friends of Sparsh manages monetary donations and items from communities to provide these families with the very basic essentials.
Below is a list of the activities we are steering on an ongoing basis:
- Sponsors a food pantry at Project PLASE with a goal to provide 40,000 pounds of food.
- Collect and buy furniture, kitchen appliances and clothing for transitional home families moving into permanent housing.
- Provide dinner at the Project PLASE Shelter for 30-35 shelter residents every Sunday.
- Hold charity events on special occasions and holidays, gift giving events for children with games, food and activities.
- Canned food drive collection for local shelters.